Creating a new account on EOS takes two big steps.
- Generates a private key / public key key pair according to an algorithm provided by the EOS
- Create your own account by registering the generated public key on the EOS chain.
1. Creating a key pair
You need to create a randomly generated private key and a public key key pair through the algorithm created in EOS.
At this time, the public key may be public, but the private key should not be disclosed,
If you lose it, it is impossible to find it again, so keep it carefully.
- a. Key pairs can be generated through the EOS Key Generation provided by EOS.
(1) Go to the Link
(2) Click "Generate EOS key"
(3) Carefully store and manage the private key / public key generated at the bottom.
- b. You can also generate a key pair through the scatter scatter, an EOS authentication tool.
(1) Execute Scatter
(2) Select "key pairs"
(3) Click "new"
(4) Type "name" and, Click "Generate Key Pair"
(5) "copy" -> Safely save in somewhere else / "save"
(Please refer to the following article for more information on how to use scattering)
2. Create your own account by registering the created public key on the EOS chain.
Once the key pair has been created, you must now create the EOS account by registering the key you created in the EOS chain. It takes effect as an account. To do so, you will need an EOS account that is already registered on the EOS main-net to send it,
A variety of account creation services are available to assist new entrants in creating this account.
EOS must transmit the key generated by the EOS chain to the EOS chain
In addition, the EOS account requires a minimum amount of CPU, RAM, and NET to operate.
- Therefore, when the user pays the basic cost to the account creator, the account creator creates a new account.
Many people, including BP, offer account creation tools, but there is no difference in service
Most of the methods are the same.
- a. ZEOS - Create your EOS Account (Bit Coin, Etherium, Bit Coin Cache)
- b. MyEOSKit - EOS Tracker & Tools (payment by EOS)
c. eostart (BTC, BCH, ETH, QTUM, ETC, LTC, EOS)
(1) Account name Enter the account name.
a ~ z, 1 ~ 5, and must be 12 digits.
(2) Confirm that the account name is available.
check account availabilty
(3) The public key created earlier
Enter the same for the owner's public key and the Active's public key.
(Note that the key you enter here is the public key, not the private key,
You must enter the same in two boxes.)
The difference between the owner key and the active key is as follows.
The owner key is used to change permissions with the key to account ownership.
The active key is the key to the activity of the account and is used literally for BP voting, transactions, and so on.
(But if you are new to EOS and you are new to EOS, you can type in the same key in both keys.)
(4) Pay the minimum NET + CPU + RAM fee for EOS account to work.
At this time, depending on the service, the payment method is various, such as bit coin / etherium / ios / cash card payment.
Once your payment is complete, your account creation is complete.